Looking for a refreshing job with a huge growth potential?
Erie Water Treatment, based in Grobbendonk, was established in 1943 in the USA and is a global player in water treatment. We develop, manufacture and sell water treatment equipment such as water softeners and various types of water filter, for both residential and commercial use. Our products are distributed internationally through a network of independent distribution partners. Our branch employs some 35 people.
Erie Water Treatment is part of an American holding company called Aquion, Inc.
Erie Water Treatment is now 75 years old and is continuing to grow. We are currently seeking to recruit a:
- You will be responsible for 3 key areas, namely Production (Valves and Complete Units department) and Purchase (incl. vendor and inventory management) including the Warehouse (incl. optimising the warehouse layout).
- You will help define the operational strategy and monitor it closely.
- You will be responsible for achieving objectives relating to MCOS/margin improvements/capacity usage/goods procurement/just-in-time delivery/etc. and for preparing the operations budget.
- You will report to the General Manager.
- You will provide the operational management, support and coaching for some 18 staff members over the 3 departments (Production, Purchase and Warehouse).
- You will play an important role in setting up, securing, automating and optimising the processes in your department. You can rely on the input and co-operation of other employees within the organisation for this, both locally and at corporate level (Aquion Inc).
- You will attend the daily production meeting along with the Sales departments, the weekly Gemba Walk and Management Team meetings and the monthly Ops Review meetings because, as Operations Manager, you are the point of contact for all matters within your field of expertise.
- You will play an active part in ensuring good co-operation between our internal departments and our external partners.
- You will communicate and monitor the application of the quality, health, safety, and environment policy within Operations.
- You hold at least a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical field.
- You are familiar with manual production methods, logistic flows and stock and purchasing management, ideally in a technical environment.
- You have extensive management and change process application experience.
- A thorough knowledge of MS Office is essential, as is experience with an MRP package.
- You are able to communicate easily and clearly in Dutch and in English; knowledge of other languages would be a bonus.
- You have an analytical bent and are able to make decisions when necessary.
- You can cope with stress and have the necessary sense of responsibility.
- You are not scared of getting involved on the shop floor yourself.
- You promote our core values in your everyday work. These are to: be Collaborative, Transparent, Take Ownership, Emphatic and Result-oriented.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An interesting and varied job in an international environment that is experiencing strong growth.
- A full-time contract.
- A competitive salary with non-statutory benefits (company car, meal cheques, hospital and group insurance scheme and 12 ADV (reduced working hours) days.
- An informal, no-nonsense and hands-on working environment.